Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Autumn in Provence


We did our best to pretend it didn't happen, but when this sight greeted me this morning when opening the windows I knew there is no denying anymore: autumn has arrived in Provence. Our Mulberry tree dropping its leaves is always the first sign that summer is officially over. We can still have lunch outside, but the mornings are real cold crisp and actually I should have been warned when I found this at last weeks market - one of the perks of autumn is that it is mushroom season, right? 
 
Girolles and Ceps at Vaison's Tuesday Market

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm our leaves are dropping as well! I hate the cold. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this time of year! i sure wish i could find mushrooms like that at my market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am picturing Fall in Provence. Wish I could be there. The mushrooms look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mushrooms are fabulous at the Vaison-la-Romaine market. It makes you want to get into the kitchen and start cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish for a few of those crisp mornings! Florida doesn't get many of those. But I remember how much I loved fall when we lived in Michigan.
    I'd be eating mushrooms three times a day if I were you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Barbara Provence looks still very inviting in autumn! and enjoy those glorious mushrooms!:) xx Ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely display of mushrooms!! I'd love to head to the woods soon and get some. So far we haven't found any in England :-( maybe now that's been raining a bit I will find some.
    PS: well done for given cookery classes. I love the look of your website!

    ReplyDelete